At Ravindra Natya Mandir, Mumbai.
Initiated 4 step long registration process and started interacting with the seeds of Future India, fellow Yatris, who all gathered from all around India. Everyone including me was like 200% excited about the Yatra. Met loads of interesting people about whom I will write in future posts as I interact more with them.
Met with the following people from Tamilnadu
- Vinodh Rajah – From Science vision Foundation
- Shenbagam – Psychology Master from MSSW, Egmore
- Raj Kumar – Super amazing Photographer, I ever met. Check his instagram profile.
- Sarumathi – Engineering student.
A spike of Excitement from 200% to 2000%
We were given couple of Pamphlets and I was going through them one by one. Suddenly heart started pumping faster, blood started flowing fast, when I read this specific Pamphlet from Schneider Electric.
I am a super skeptic by DNA. So though I am excited on one side, I also remember how Shell does Responsible, Sustainable Oil drilling in Arctic. So taking these words with just a Grain of salt.
Inauguration @ 2PM
The function started in a Mega hall. It was super packed with an amazing agenda including
- Inspiring Talk from key personalities from Jagriti core team
- Cultural events – Singing, Music, Dance, etc.,
- Jagriti Yatra – How it all started in 1997
- Vision of this Journey, Jagriti Yatra
- Dabba Wallah Talk – Though I couldnt understand a word (in Hindi), it was somehow soul touching!
- and more importantly – The 15 year window that we got and they need to Speed up – More on this later
3rd time regretting not learning Hindi
- It was in 2011, when I couldn’t understand a word of Anna Hazare, during IAC Movement.
- Next in 2013, during Arvind Kejriwal, AAP, Delhi revolution
- The 3rd time here in Jagriti Yatra Inauguration function. Hell with me.
There shouldn’t be a 4th time. I firmly resolve to learn Hindi in 2018!
Though I couldn’t understand things word by word, the emotions, the Vision are all conveyed through the Heat of the Environment.
All set and Go:
We started from the Hall around 11 PM in bus to CSMR. Then we boarded train at around 2AM and the amazing trip of
- 8000 kms
- 500 Yatris
- 75 Facilitators
- 15 Role models
- 12 Cities
through the massive Asian subcontinet started.
Had a excellent start today. Very curiously looking forward to the next life turning 14 days.
For other day experiences, visit the Summary page